All day class. Skill level: Confident Beginners to Advanced. Tiny Blocks are 6” or less…to Betty! The Tiny Machines (Featherweights of course) can be traded out for others, BUT if you have one, here is the place to use it. Tiny l=blocks with their borders and bindings, all tiny too, are a feast for the eye. Use on the table, wall, layer in a basket or roll up in a big crock. They are wonderful eye-catchers! Witness the smallest handful of scraps grow into something amazingly beautiful. You’ll learn streamlined techniques for working “tiny,” in both techniques and time. Learn the necessary shortcuts to traditional piecing that tiny size requires. So rewarding because you see results quickly. Block Patterns printout provided for class. Trunk Show of Tiny Quilts and Tops will be on display for the duration of class. Kit fee $8: includes patterns and foundations, some fabric. Cost of class: $75.
Class Prep: Precut basic shapes: Bag and Label them separately. Choose lights and darks that work together. Bring 2-3 FQ’s to extend into medium tones. Follow VALUE directions below. Possible Sampler quilt or sample blocks.
* Cut 16: 1 7/8” squares, dark and light (each)
* Cut 8: 1 ½” x 2 ½” squares, light
* Cut 32: 1 ½” squares, dark and light (each)
* Cut 8: 3 ¼” squares, dark and light (each)
Tools and Equip:
* 4” x 8” RULER, add any small rulers you already have.
* “Add-an-1/8” and Add-A-1/4” RULERS for Paper-Piecing options
* Rotary cutter and matt, can be small
* SM in good working order with 60 wt. THREAD or Aurifil 50 wt. (60 wt. is machine embroidery thread, non-silky) in a neutral color
* 60/70 Microtex Sharp MACHINE NEEDLE and Regular needle
* 1/4” foot (1/4” clear acrylic foot, short-shank available in class)
* THIN PINS, your pincushion should have enough.
* Bring a 3 Ring – 1” soft cover NOTEBOOK and Page Protectors (20-30) to corral pattern printouts. Becomes your TINY FILE!