All day class. Skill level: Confident Beginner up. The quilt is offered in two sizes ….. square wall hanging or a rectangle throw.
This quilt is a ‘scrap’ quilt, so making decisions as to what fabrics to use will be only the
beginning of this wonderful adventure! You can have a variety of colors, fabrics, patterns or you could feature a ‘line’ of fabric (ie Thimbleberries, Bali’s, 30’s, etc.) Possibly you may even wish to use just one color and have multi fabrics of this color family. Below are ideas for the fabric selections:
• used in background of blocks
• used as first border and in second border
• touches all fabrics
• textured …. non-descript print …. tone on tone …. small open print
• directional fabric not recommended
Medium/Darks (9 fabrics for wallhanging – 20 fabrics for throw)
• used in blocks
• used as second border and one will be used as third border
• touches some of the fabrics, but not all
• small to medium compact prints …. textured ….. non-descript ….
• directional possibly, just realize they’ll go all directions
The borders are written for mitered corners only on the first and third border.
Border 2 is a pieced border using all the medium/darks and light. I think you’ll enjoy the look
that these three borders present to the quilt. Fabric today is coming out narrower all the time, so the yardage and cuts are based on 40” widths. Some fabrics will give you more and some may give you less, so if you find some of your cuts are different from my instructions, don’t be too surprised. I’m doing the best I can with today’s fabrics. Please read all instructions before cutting. Come with all items listed in the Supplies section (don’t short change this section, it’s very very important!). If you have any questions, give me a call or email me.
Pattern book and instructions
fee of $5 payable to Linda at the time of the class.
Please precut before coming